May 13th, 2020
The WRDSB will offer FULL ONLINE new credits this summer, from June 29 to July 24. There are NO face-to-face or blended Summer School courses being offered this year. Note that the WRDSB is NOT offering recovery Summer School credits this year either. The course offerings are subject to change depending on enrollment (i.e. a course may be cancelled if there are not enough students to run it).
Please complete the “WCI Summer School Form” if you:
– Indicated plans to take Summer School during course selections in February
– You did not plan to take Summer School initially, but now wish to register for a course.
You may only register for ONE e-learning Summer School course (except for Civics/Careers – 1/2 credit courses x 2). If applicable, please make sure you have the prerequisite for the course you wish to take (your Guidance Counsellor can verify).
– Students should be aware that Summer School e-learning courses require DAILY participation.
– Students can expect approximately 6 hours of online work/day (plus up to 2 hours/day homework).
– Failure to login/participate daily may result in your removal from the course.
– There will be assignments, deadlines, potential tests, etc – this is NOT the same as the current emergency distance learning!
SUMMER SCHOOL REGISTRATIONS TENTATIVELY OPEN IN THE NEXT WEEK. SOME COURSES WILL HAVE LIMITED SPACE, SO PLAN TO REGISTER AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE!
IF YOU WISH TO TAKE A SUMMER SCHOOL COURSE, PLEASE SUBMIT THIS FORM ON OR BEFORE MAY 29TH, 2020. THE LONGER YOU WAIT TO INDICATE INTEREST, THE GREATER THE RISK YOU WON’T GET INTO YOUR CHOSEN COURSE. THE LAST DAY TO REGISTER FOR SUMMER SCHOOL IS JUNE 19, 2020.
THIS FORM IS NOT YOUR ACTUAL REGISTRATION – Your Guidance Counsellor will register you in the PRISM system to complete enrollment in a Summer School course. You and your Counsellor will receive an email confirmation from PRISM once you are registered in your selected course.
NOTE: There is a one-credit co-op available with limited sector options (DCO3OO). Exactly how this will look is not certain at this time. The 2-credit summer co-op is NOT running this year.
If you have any questions, please contact your Guidance Counsellor via email.