May 22nd, 2020
Application to the WCI Pre-AP and AP Program (Grades 10-12) will occur from Monday, May 25th (10:00AM) to Thursday, May 28th (11:59PM) inclusive. On the WCI Guidance Pre-AP and AP Program webpage, students will find separate Google Form applications for each Grade (10, 11, 12) as of Monday, May 25th at 10:00AM. In order to complete their application, students will be required to enter the following information:
Applying for Grade 10 Pre-AP classes:
– Semester 1 Mid-term AND Final marks from February 2020 Report Card for ALL four classes
– Semester 1 Learning Skills for ALL four classes
– March 13 reported marks for classes related to their Pre-AP application (e.g. Grade 9 Math mark IF applying to Grade 10 Pre-AP Math)
Applying for Grade 11 and 12 Pre-AP/AP classes:
– Semester 1 Mid-term and Final mark OR March 13 reported mark for classes related to their Pre-AP/AP application
– Last year’s (2018-19) Final mark for the course related to their Pre-AP/AP application
For Example: if applying for ENG4UW, the student would need this years’ ENG3UI/ENG3UW Mid-term & Final mark (if ENG3U was Semester 1) OR March 13 reported mark (if ENG3UI/ENG3UW is in Semester 2). This sample student would also need to provide their 2018-19 mark from ENG2DI/ENG2DW.
This information is available on their report card(s). Students may need to request their reported March 13 mark (% or level) from their current teacher for any subjects for which they are applying.
The 2020-21 Pre-AP/AP Program and Application Process Slideshow will be available on the Guidance Pre-AP and AP Program as of Monday, May 25th at 10:00AM. It must be watched by students and parent(s)/guardian(s) as part of the application process. It clearly outlines our program, expectations, answers frequently asked questions and ensures that students and parents/guardians are aware of the process, timelines and responsibilities to the student and their family when applying to the Pre-AP/AP program. Note: there are significant updates due to COVID19 and this is our rationale for making the viewing of the slideshow a mandatory part of the application process. In a “normal” year this would have been part of an hour long assembly – we have done our best to condense it into a much shorter recording.