Relay For Life is Coming to WCI
May 19, 2022 3pm-10pm
Relay for Life Permission Form and WCI Contract
What is Relay For Life?
Relay For Life is an inspirational, non-competitive, 7 hour evening fundraising event for the Canadian Cancer Society that brings our school community together to celebrate life and fight cancer. This year we hope to raise $30 000 and have 30 teams participate in this evening event.
What to expect at Relay For Life?
1. Relay kicks off with the opening ceremony that welcomes participants and survivors to join together for 7 hour, remember and fight back.
2. Cancer survivors are surrounded by an emotional wave of support as they walk the Survivors’ Victory Lap. During this first lap of the evening, survivors celebrate success in their battle with cancer and give hope to those still facing the disease.
3. Teams create a home base in the field united together to enjoy music, food, activities, entertainment and to celebrate life. Students that need to depart early can fill out an early departure form.
4. During the moving Luminary Ceremony, special candles are lit honouring cancer survivors and loved ones who have lost their fight with cancer. Luminaries provide light and inspiration to participants
5. Each team keeps at least one member on the track at all times.
6. At 9:30pm, participants join together at the Fight Back Ceremony to make a personal commitment to fight against cancer in their own lives all year long.
How to Register and Donate
Registration fee $20 includes: Luminary, t-shirt and food. Students will also need to pick up a permission form and a WCI contract found here or outside of student activities and return it by May 10. Students have a minimum fundraising goal or $100.00, but anything students can raise helps so please talk to Ms. Jilesen if you are concerned about fundraising.
If you have any questions please email Ms. Jilesen at email@example.com