December 11th, 2018
New for the 2018-19 school year, WCI will be following an ‘Exam by Period’ model, which aligns with the majority of WRDSB secondary schools. Please do not hesitate to call Administration if you have any questions about this change to our final evaluations.
Benefits of the exam by period model include:
- Students will only have 1 exam per day
- No course conflicts
- Exams are written in the room where students have spent the semester learning in with their own teacher
Important Details regarding Exams
- All final examinations must be written on the day and at the time shown on the exam schedule. Students with issues must see Ms. Litschgy. It is the student’s responsibility to be in the right place at the right time.
- From January 25 to January 31 students are required to be in school only when they have an examination or are completing subject assignments (as determined by their subject teacher). Students are not to visit other schools during the examination period.
- Listen to local radio and check the School Board Website at www.wrdsb.ca by 7:00 am for any announced cancellations.
- Exams may be postponed for various reasons including inclement weather, bus cancellations, etc. Please do not plan events which require your student to be absent from school on exam days or on the days directly following the exam days as these will be the days in which the postponed exams will be re-scheduled.
- Should any WRDSB schools be closed, or any WRDSB school buses be cancelled during the January 25th – January 31st Exam Schedule, the examinations will be postponed on that day and moved forward by one day. (Example: if a cancellation of school or buses occurs on Monday, January 28th, those exams would be written on Tuesday, January 29th, meaning all exam days will be shifted including the exams scheduled on Thursday, January 31st, which will be shifted to Monday, February 4th.)
- Please note, the PA Day scheduled for Friday, February 1st will not be moved due to inclement weather cancellations.