- 1GRADE 9 (2020-2021) PRE-AP PROGRAM
- 2GRADE 10-12 AP (ADVANCED PLACEMENT) & PRE-AP PROGRAM - GOOGLE APPLICATION FORMS
- 2.12019-20 WCI Gr. 10 Pre-AP APPLICATION FORM
- 2.22019-20 WCI Gr. 11 Pre-AP APPLICATION FORM
- 2.32019-20 WCI Gr. 12 AP APPLICATION FORM
- 3AP (ADVANCED PLACEMENT) & PRE-AP PROGRAM & APPLICATION INFORMATION
- 4THE BENEFIT OF AP COURSES
- 5ENROLLING IN ADVANCED PLACEMENT COURSES
- 6Students intending to apply must
- 7Student Profile
- 8AP COURSES OFFERED AT WCI
- 9THE AP EXAMINATIONS
- 10AP (ADVANCED PLACEMENT) EXAM ORDERING FOR MAY 2019
GRADE 9 (2020-2021) PRE-AP PROGRAM
Please visit the Pre-Advanced Placement webpage to apply to the Grade 9 Pre-AP program for the 2020-2021 school year.
GRADE 10-12 AP (ADVANCED PLACEMENT) & PRE-AP PROGRAM – GOOGLE APPLICATION FORMS
Please fill out this Google Form if you are applying for Pre-AP or AP courses at WCI for the 2019-20 School Year.
The Pre-AP & AP Google Application form is available from April 30th – May 8th, 2019 at 11:59 P.M.
Note: If students are applying to Pre-AP/AP courses in more than one grade, students are to fill out a form for EACH grade. Successful candidates will be notified via email by June 1st.
AP (ADVANCED PLACEMENT) & PRE-AP PROGRAM & APPLICATION INFORMATION
The AP/Pre-AP Assembly Slides highlight the AP/Pre-AP Program and the application process for 2019-2020. An online application form will be available on this webpage from Tuesday, April 30th-Wednesday, May 8th.
The Advanced Placement (AP) program consists of a number of enrichment courses and related examinations. These courses are comparable to University courses and therefore are rigorous and challenging. The AP program is an internationally recognized standard of academic excellence. Successful students may be granted advanced placement or credit at Universities. Students from other school catchment areas wishing to enroll at Waterloo Collegiate to take Advanced Placement Courses may do so after successfully enrolling in either the Strings Magnet, Extended French Magnet or ESL Magnet.
In order to offer Advanced Placement courses WCI has been audited to confirm that the courses meet or exceed a set of expectations established by University faculty.
THE BENEFIT OF AP COURSES
Gain the Edge in University Preparation:
- Get a head start on the calibre of work presented at University
- Improve writing skills and sharpen problem-solving techniques
- Develop the study habits necessary for tackling rigorous coursework
Stand Out in the University Admissions Process:
- Emphasize commitment to academic excellence
- Demonstrate maturity and readiness for University
- Enhance personal information on University applications
Broaden Intellectual Horizons:
- Explore the world from a variety of perspectives
- Study subjects in greater depth and detail
- Further skills in reasoning and analysis
- Enhance comprehension and understanding of concepts
ENROLLING IN ADVANCED PLACEMENT COURSES
Students intending to apply must
- Meet the requirements of the student profile
- Consult with the subject teacher
- Complete the Google form application online
- Pay the non-refundable AP Course fee of CDN $140/exam
- Be a CURRENT WCI student
- Demonstrates academic excellence in the chosen subject area (has achieved over 85%)
- Has superior academic potential
- Displays an excellent command of spoken and written language
- Has a well established work ethic and the willingness to work hard
- Is enthusiastic, self-directed and capable of handling the accelerated pace of learning
- Displays consistent personal initiative
- Enjoys being challenged
- Possesses curiosity about the subject of study
- Demonstrates an intellectual curiosity over a broad range of interests
- Enjoys involvement in the extracurricular life of the school and shows a willingness to assume leadership
AP COURSES OFFERED AT WCI
English Literature and Composition
French Language & Culture
Physics (4 potential exams)
THE AP EXAMINATIONS
Students enrolled in AP courses write the AP examination in the first two weeks of May. Waterloo Collegiate will coordinate the time and place of the examinations and direct students to resource materials. Exam marks are released to students at the beginning of July. Students may elect to inform Universities of their marks. The student is responsible for determining if credit in an AP course is acknowledged for advanced placement at individual post-secondary institutions.
AP (ADVANCED PLACEMENT) EXAM ORDERING FOR MAY 2019
A reminder to all Grade 11/12 AP students who wish to write the College Board AP Exams in May 2019 that the deadline to register for (Google Form) and pay for (School Day) your exams is Friday March 1st, 2019.
Link to google form to register for your AP exam(s): https://bit.ly/2TerB43
Please check School Day to make your payment.
If you are in Grade 10 and wish to write an AP exam please email Ms Crosby – Lauren_Crosby@wrdsb.ca