Welcome to another great year of music here at WCI! We are very excited for all that is on the schedule, so be sure to check out the important dates below!
Signing up for music ensembles at WCI is a MULTI-STEP PROCESS. Please ensure that you have completed all 3 steps.
- Register for your Ensemble(s) by clicking this link and filling out the Google Form: https://forms.gle/USaeaJ2uxXxGHj4V6
- Login to school-day.com to pay your ensemble fees and to submit your On-Going Consent Form. Fees are based upon the amount of ensembles you participate in.
- Review the student contract and submit it immediately to your ensemble director if you have any conflicts with the rehearsal or performance schedule. You are required to submit them in writing by printing off the Student Contract (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LIWT4XB9563U02S6qnjjQjJ37Gm7kcmJ/view?usp=sharing). If you do not submit a conflict sheet, then it is assumed that you will be at ALL rehearsals and performances. The Student Contract has very valuable information regarding rehearsal times, concert attire etc. (we recommend you print out a copy of these forms for your own records and calendar)
If you are interested in playing Senior Chamber Orchestra, or if you would like to be a section leader in a Senior Ensemble, please be sure to sign up for an audition time outside the music room.
The ensemble information meeting will be Thursday, Sept 5th at lunch and auditions will be the following week.
Senior Orchestras, Intermediate Orchestra and Guitar Ensembles will start the second week of school. Band, choir and Junior Orchestra will start the third week of school.
Thanks so much and we look forward to seeing all of you soon!
Mr. Piche, Ms. Erdman, Miss Ridgway, Mrs. Fry and Mr. Peterman
ENSEMBLE REHEARSAL SCHEDULE
Junior Orchestra (Gr. 9)
|Intermediate Orchestra (Gr. 10) (Rm. 231)|
Guitar Ensemble Sectionals
|Jr. Guitar Ensemble (Rm. 238)||
Senior Orchestra Sectionals
|Sr. Guitar Ensemble (Rm. 238)||
Senior Chamber Orchestra
Rotating Band Sectionals (Rm. 231 practice room)
|Choir (Rm. 231)|
SEE YOU IN REHEARSAL!!
Questions? Consult the list below for the right person to talk to!
- Band and Choir: Ms. Erdman
- Junior Orchestra, Senior Chamber: Mrs. Fry
- Intermediate and Senior Orchestras: Mr. Piche
- Guitar: Mr. Peterman
- Choir: Miss Ridgway
2019-2020 WCI Music Calendar
- September 4 and 5, 2019 – Section Leader (Int and Sr Orch) and Senior Chamber Orchestra auditions
- September 5 – 12, 2019 –LUNCH TIME – Rm 231- Information Meeting about Ensemble Start Up and Sign-up
- September 9, 2019 – All ensembles except Junior Orchestra start rehearsals!
- September 16, 2019 – Junior Orchestra starts rehearsing this week
- October 16-17, 2019 – String Symposium at WLU with other WRDSB schools (additional fee)
- November 1, 2019 – WCI Senior Orchestra performs at Commencement
- November 11, 2019 – Remembrance Day Assemblies
- November 13, 2019 – Choir and Band Symposium at WCI with other WRDSB schools (additional fee)
- November 21, 2019 – Elementary School Tour
- December 5, 2019 – 7:00 PM – WCI Winter Music Night ‘Eine Kleine Musiknacht‘
- April 8-9, 2020 – Overnight Trip to Toronto (additional fee)
- April 20-24, 2020 – Kiwanis Music Festival – Times TBC
- April 30, 2020 – 6:30 PM – WCI Spring Music Night
- May 12, 2020 – Canada’s Wonderland (TBC – additional fee)
Check This Out!!!
Members of WCI’s Senior Chamber Orchestra perform ‘One Last Time’ & ‘Skinner Suite’
WCI’s Combined Symphony and Choir performance with CHCI – Oh Fortuna from Carmina Burana (2018)
WCI’s Senior Chamber Orchestra performs Brandenburg Concert no 3, 1st movement (2018)
WCI’s Combined Symphony and Choir performance with CHCI – Duel of the Fates from Star Wars (2017)
WCI’s Senior Chamber Orchestra play ‘Spring’ from Vivaldi’s Four Seasons (2017)
WCI’s Senior Orchestra Plays Romanian Folk Dances, Mozart Symphony 25 (1st Movement) and the Holberg Suite (1st Movement) (2017)
WCI’s Senior Orchestra playing Concerto Grosso No. 1 by Bloch at MusicFest Nationals in Ottawa (2016)
WCI’s Senior Orchestra playing Frolicsome Finale by Britten at MusicFest Nationals in Ottawa (2016)
The Intermediate Orchestra (Gr 10) playing the Game of Thrones Theme
AND the Senior Symphony performing Waltz of the Flowers! (2015)
Strings Magnet Information – Click here