- 1Parent Council Goals
- 22019-20 Parent Council Executive
- 3Parent Council Shared Folder
- 4Interested in becoming a member of the WCI Parent Council?
- 4...12019-20 Meeting Dates
- 5Study Skills: Strategies for Success
- 6Keeping in Touch with WCI Digitally
- 7School Day
- 8Math and More: Resources for Parents
- 9Math Night 2016 Resources
Your Parent Council is made up of parent volunteers and selected representatives from WCI. Our mandate, as directed by the Ministry of Education, is “to improve student achievement and to make the system accountable to parents.” We need your input to achieve these important goals.
Parent Council can be reached through the Main Office at 519-884-9590.
Parent Council Goals
- Support WCI staff, students and parents
- Continue to educate and inform parents on and encourage participation in WCI plans, activities and other topics of interest
- Contribute to the positive image of the WCI community
- Continue to stay informed and respond appropriately to initiatives relating to education
2019-20 Parent Council Executive
|Student Representative||Maddie and Darci|
Interested in becoming a member of the WCI Parent Council?
All parents are welcome to attend a parent council meeting throughout the year. New members are welcomed in October of each school year. Or, just come as a “parent observer”.
Parent Council meets on the following dates in the school library at 7:00 pm.
2019-20 Meeting Dates
Wednesday September 11, 2019 (last meeting of the ‘18-19 council)
Wednesday October 16, 2019 (first meeting of the ‘19-20 council)
Wednesday November 13, 2019
Wednesday January 22, 2020
Wednesday February 19, 2020
Wednesday April 8, 2020
Wednesday May 13, 2020
Wednesday June 10, 2020
Study Skills: Strategies for Success
WCI Parent Council hosted an evening with speaker Dave MacKay on the topic of successful studying strategies. The PowerPoint presentation used on that evening is provided here. Study Skills
Keeping in Touch with WCI Digitally
There are many ways to find out about what is going on here at Waterloo Collegiate. We have a webpage, a Facebook page, a Twitter account, and you can even subscribe with email. If you are interested in finding out more about how you can get information, please take a moment and check the handout below.
We’re excited to announce that our school is now using School-Day, an online portal that lets us instantly share school news and events.
School-Day can be accessed from any web browser and gives you real-time access to up-to-date information, and the ability to:
- Complete instant online payments
- View announcements, news, and class information
- Approve permission forms instantly online
- Purchase Student Cards, team uniforms and other school items online
Math and More: Resources for Parents
Through a Parent’s Reaching Out Grant, the School Council has been able to create some resources to support parents in helping their child be successful in all their courses here at WCI.
Through TVO and the Ministry of Education, Students have access to free one-to-one personalized interactive mathematics tutoring from certified Ontario mathematics teachers at the Homework Help website. This tutoring is available from Sunday to Thursday evenings between the hours of 5:30 pm to 9:30 pm.
Math Night 2016 Resources
Presentation by Ian VanderBurgh from CEMC at the University of Waterloo
Presentation by Aleda Klassen, an Education Consultant with the WRDSB