- The library is open from:
- 8:00 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. Monday. – Thursday
- 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Friday
- Students must have a student card (or photo I.D) in order to borrow material.
- A maximum of 8 items may be signed out at one time; a maximum of 4 items may be signed out on any given topic.
- You may not sign out books if you have overdue items or fines owing
- NO FOOD OR DRINK (except water) is permitted in the library
- Personal listening devices are permitted in the library, providing students are respectful of others, and ALWAYS at the discretion of the attending teacher.
- Please come to the library prepared to do research, read, study, do homework or look for resources. Meeting and visiting with friends should be done elsewhere.
- Books: 3 weeks
- Reference Books: cannot be loaned out
- All materials may be renewed unless there is a hold on the item(s) by another student.
- Items to be renewed must be renewed online or in the library on or before the due date.
- If an item is overdue, the fines must be paid before it can be renewed.
- Fines are 10 cents per school day, per item, to a maximum of $10.00 per item.
- If you lose library material please speak to a library staff member immediately as fines continue until the matter is settled.
- Any fines owing will be charged, in addition to the replacement cost of the item.
- Library computers are available for individual student use as long as they have not been reserved for a class.
- If the computers are reserved for a class, the schedule board at the library entrance will indicate the number needed, and the green reserved signs will be placed over these computer monitors. Please do not use a computer if it has been reserved.
- All computers provide access to the online library catalogue, the Virtual Library, the Internet and a variety of instructional software.
- Students are able to use personal wireless devices in the school library and throughout the school.
- It is understood that students will use their wireless devices as responsible, ethical digital citizens.
- All expectations of the WRDSB Responsible Use Policy are in effect.
- Library computers are to be used only for school-related work. They are a very limited resource,and are in high demand, so they are not to be used for games or other idle activities.
- Only one student is permitted per computer. Any exception to this must be cleared with the teacher on duty in the library.
- Students need to remember to log off properly when they are finished at the computer.
- The WCI library has a rich, relevant, and diverse collection of fiction and non-fiction titles.
- A wealth of valuable resources are also available through the databases in our Virtual Library, which has password access for home use by students and staff. This password is available in the library and in your student handbook.
- All students are able to print 50 pages without cost throughout the school year.
- Additional print credits may be purchased in the library for 5 cents per page. The minimum deposit on your print account is $1.00 for 20 copies.Updates to your print account are done once a day, after school, so please plan ahead.
- Colour printing is available in the library for $1.00 per page.
- Photocopying is available in the library for 10 cents per page.
- A data projector and TV/DVD/VCR are available in the library seminar room and can be booked for student presentations in the seminar room.
- Transparencies must be purchased from the library for use in the library photocopier or printers.
- The photocopier in the Library does not make paper copies, but can scan and send your copies to an email address free of charge.
- Senior students may pick up an application form to borrow resources at the University of Waterloo Library, if necessary.