June 16th, 2021
Congratulations WCI graduates. We are still planning a Commencement event for you in the Fall but wanted to make sure you were able to see WCI one last time this year and pick up a Grad Package this June.
Graduation Packages, as well as pre-purchased mugs, will be available for pick up to those students who book an appointment. Diplomas and transcripts will be available in the Fall. The appointments will be scheduled on Wednesday June 23 and Thursday June 24. The appointments are 15 mins in length and are available throughout the afternoon and early evening on the 23rd and the morning, afternoon and early evening of the 24th. Appointments can be booked using the link at the end of this message.
During your pick-up appointment, you will be able to get your photograph taken wearing a cap and gown if you choose. The photograph of you is for your own use and for school use should we need to have a virtual commencement in the Fall.
Public health has provided us with strict guidelines to ensure we are able to enjoy this opportunity safely. These include:
- Limiting the number of students/guests who attend during an appointment slot.
- Gowns and Caps will be provided for the photograph. Gowns will not be shared – and must be returned. The Graduation caps are part of the Grad Package this year and are yours to keep. We ask students to keep them stored somewhere safe so that should we have an in-person commencement in the Fall you will be able to wear it then.
- WCI Volunteer Staff will take the picture and will send you a copy to the email provided during booking. You will not be able to hand over your camera or have your guest come to the front to take the picture. Staff are not permitted to take pictures with or for students.
- Please do not arrive early.
- Please be prepared to leave on time.
- You will not be able to enter the school and you may not remain on school property after you are done.
- Everyone attending the school site must have completed the School Covid screening and received the green – “you may go to school” result.
- Everyone attending the school must wear a mask and be prepared to use hand sanitizer at the various stations.
- Please bring your Chromebook and any textbooks or other school resources to be returned with you.
Should significant rainfall be expected during your time slot you may be sent a link to rebook. Please check your email before coming to the school.
Appointment booking link: https://siobhanwatters-9.youcanbook.me/
UPDATE: June 23, 2021 – Any Grads who missed the window to book an appointment can call the main office 519-884-9590.