- 1Applying and Acceptance into Pre-AP Courses
- 1.12019-2020 Grade 9
- 1.2AP (ADVANCED PLACEMENT) & PRE-AP PROGRAM - GOOGLE APPLICATION FORMS
- 1.2.12019-20 WCI Gr. 10 Pre-AP APPLICATION FORM
- 1.2.22019-20 WCI Gr. 11 Pre-AP APPLICATION FORM
- 1.2.32019-20 WCI Gr. 12 AP APPLICATION FORM
- 1.3AP (ADVANCED PLACEMENT) & PRE-AP PROGRAM & APPLICATION INFORMATION
- 2Do You Need to take Pre-AP Courses to Enrol in AP Courses?
- 3Pre-AP Student Profile
- 4Pre-AP Courses Offered at WCI
Applying and Acceptance into Pre-AP Courses
2019-2020 Grade 9
WCI offers Grade 9 Pre-AP courses in English, Math and Science. Students applying to Grade 9 Pre-AP courses are accepted based on the recommendation by the feeder school staff and WCI Faculty Committee. The students recommended by the Grade 8 feeder school must meet the Pre-AP Student Profile.
Pre-AP applications are a two-step process:
- Submit the online Pre-AP Application Google Form.
- Upload the student’s entire GRADE 7 REPORT CARD. Please submit a SINGLE PDF – multiple files will not be accepted. Use either an email scan to create a SINGLE PDF OR an app like Cam Scanner to create ONE pdf file.
- Please email your Grade 7 Report Card PDF to: email@example.com by January 16, 2020
- Please use the subject name: Last Name, First Name (School) – Pre-AP Grade 7 Report Card
- Please ensure your single PDF file is named as follows: Last Name, First Name (School) – Pre-AP Grade 7 Report Card
E.g. Crosby, Lauren (WCI Public School) – Pre-AP Grade 7 Report Card
Failure to upload your files in the above format could result in the application not being processed. The application deadline for equal consideration is Thursday, January 16, 2020.
Pre-AP decisions will be communicated directly to parent/guardian by e-mail by Tuesday, February 4th, 2020.
Acceptance of your offer of admission to Pre-AP MUST be received by Monday, February 10th, 2020.
Please note that Pre-AP course options are not available on MyWay. WCI Guidance will manually change course selections for successful Pre-AP applicants prior to June 26, 2020. Students are to select courses at the “Academic” level in MyWay during the course selection process.
AP (ADVANCED PLACEMENT) & PRE-AP PROGRAM – GOOGLE APPLICATION FORMS
Please fill out this Google Form if you are applying for Pre-AP or AP courses at WCI for the 2019-20 School Year.
The Pre-AP & AP Google Application form is available from April 30th – May 8th, 2019 at 11:59 P.M.
Note: If students are applying to Pre-AP/AP courses in more than one grade, students are to fill out a form for EACH grade. Successful candidates will be notified via email by June 1st.
AP (ADVANCED PLACEMENT) & PRE-AP PROGRAM & APPLICATION INFORMATION
The AP/Pre-AP Assembly Slides highlight the AP/Pre-AP Program and the application process for 2019-2020. An online application form will be available on this webpage from Tuesday, April 30th-Wednesday, May 8th.
The Pre-AP Program at Waterloo Collegiate is a set of academic skills, strategies and content used to build rigorous curricula, prepare students for success in senior Advanced Placement courses, increase academic challenges, promote independent learning and expose students to assessment techniques useful for success at university. Pre-AP is not a prescribed curriculum but rather an enriched experience to enhance current curriculum standards.
Do You Need to take Pre-AP Courses to Enrol in AP Courses?
Although not a requirement, students wishing to take AP courses are encouraged to register for Pre-AP courses. Students in the Pre-AP courses will work on specific skills, study strategies, test taking strategies and content that will prepare them for the rigor of the senior AP Courses.
Pre-AP Student Profile
- Demonstrates academic excellence in the chosen subject area (achieves over 85%)
- Displays an excellent command of spoken and written language
- Has a well-established work ethic and the willingness to work hard
- Is enthusiastic, self-directed and capable of handling the accelerated pace of learning
- Enjoys being challenged
- Possesses curiosity about the subject of study
- Demonstrates an intellectual curiosity over a broad range of interests
- Enjoys involvement in the extracurricular life of the school and shows a willingness to assume leadership
Pre-AP Courses Offered at WCI
|Grade 9||Grade 10||Grade 11|